Solutioneer, Kristen Lough, Process Engineer was recently awarded a 2022 Foundation Career Development Scholarship by the FPSA(Food Processing Suppliers Association). Each year, the Foundation of the Food Processing Suppliers Association awards up to fifteen $5,000 scholarships to full time employees of FPSA member companies as well as their immediate family members. High school seniors, college students, and graduate students are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be full-time employee, spouse of a full-time employee, or a child of a full-time employee of firms which are members in good standing of the Food Processing Suppliers Association.
- An independent selection committee will evaluate the Complete applications and select recipients considering:
- Academic achievements and records
- ACT/SAT Test Scores (if applicable)
- Essay content
- Extracurricular activities
- Community involvement
- Students may reapply each year as long as they continue to meet the eligibility criteria.
- Enrolled at Northern Kentucky University MBA program, focusing on Leadership and Innovation.
- 2 year program with 5-week classes.
- Anticipated graduation Summer 2023.
- I have a 4.0 GPA for the First time ever!
- Currently hold a Masters in Biomedical Engineering from the University of Kentucky,
"Obtaining my MBA has always been a big goal of mine, I enjoy challenging myself and using my experience to help others understand and learn new things!" - Kristen Lough, Process Engineer, GRAY SOLUTIONS
Jarrod McCarroll, Chariman of the FPSA articulated how competitive this year’s process was, which highlights how impactful Kristen’s application added her value to the industry, and Gray Solutions as a whole. “This year’s winners came from our largest pool of applications in the history of this program, representing the best and deserving students from a wide variety of majors. Our judges clearly had a difficult task choosing from such a large group of applicants.
“We congratulate the winners on their achievements to date, and look forward with anticipation to what they will do in the future. We encourage all eligible individuals to apply again when the application period for the 2023-2024 academic year opens in January 2023, and when we will be expanding both the number and amount provided for each selected scholarship winner.”
Congratulations to Kristen for her hard work and continued curiosity leading to this exciting recognition!